Thursday, April 28, 2016

What Did Your Internship Allow You To Do? Spring Co-op Students Reflect


Nicole Schebaum – Senior – Applied Mathematics and Medical Physics Major
My internship at Partners Specialty Group has allowed me to gain great knowledge about the insurance industry. It has also allowed me to network with many people who work at various companies. Here I am at my desk where I am always learning new things and helping manage accounts.
 
Brian McAuliffe – Senior – Financial Markets and Economics Analysis Major
My internship at Cerner Corporation has allowed me to take what I have learned in the classroom and apply it to the business world. I am currently working in the contract management operations wing of the finance department. In this position I review submitted contracts and report any and all issues and informalities directly to my supervisor. This internship allows me to connect with and assist Cerner Associates and Clients around the world. I am pleased to announce that I have been offered a full-time position at Cerner after graduation.
 
Zachary Pohlman – Junior – Triple Major in Economics, Philosophy and Theology (Pre-law)
At my internship, I work as a Paralegal Assistant for the Federal Public Defender at the Federal Courthouse in Kansas City, Kansas. I have had the opportunity to practice legal writing, attend court hearings, and help an in house lawyer prepare to argue before the Supreme Court! I'm only a sophomore, but this experience has definitely helped me confirm that I want a future in law. 

 
Duncan Preston – Senior
Financial Markets and Economic Analysis Major
During the Spring of 2016, I was allowed the opportunity to work alongside a team of financial analysts within State Street Corporations corporate banking division. The above picture was taken at one of the many networking opportunities that State Street encourages its employees to take advantage of.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Varonica Hamilton – Junior
 Financial Markets and Economic Analysis Major
My internship is unique because I get to do an array of things including: desk work, attending golf tournaments and networking events, to facilitating business opportunity exchanges. Here I am sitting at my desk working on collecting diversity certificates from our vendors whose certificates have expired. This is an ongoing task I frequently do in between the events we have going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment